alveus wrote:
> I've suddenly (i.e. today) started getting delays of about 15-20 seconds
> whenever I start a new BBC programme. Affects both Listen Again and
> Listen Live on R4 (and apparently all other channels) and all types of
> device (Radio, Boom, Classic).
>From log below the delays are outside of the plugin.

> I note that I'm also getting timeouts on plugins (Bad repository
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml
> - Connect timed out) although I did manage to update to BBCiPlayerExtra
> 3.2.0 this afternoon.
sourceforge has always had delays - I would ignore it unless the
following alternative URL (
http://bpa-code.github.io/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml  )  also has
problem in which case you network connection /ISP is the problem.

> [19-08-19 16:23:47.2853] Plugins::BBCiPlayer DASH::__ANON__ (788) Chunk
> fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 12708   1000

This is saying the chunk of audio from BBC took 12.7 secs to arrive -
each chunk has just 6 secs of audio so live playback will have problems.
Normal turnaround is 80-200ms

Can you play any of the live BBC MP3 stream OK (Listen Live MP3 menu)  ?