bernt;184289 Wrote:
> Yes, there are other players that can recieve streamed flac but not from
> Slimserver.
>
> I use both Slimserver and FireFly on the same computer and it works
> great. I have one library with flac for Slimserver/Squeezebox and one
> with mp3 for FireFly/iTunes.
>
> With FireFly/iTunes streaming over slow connection is more stable, you
> can use the mouse to browse your collection, show albumart in the
> player and (please don't kill me) the GUI looks good.
Ok, so outside the fact that firefly is 'more stable over slow
connection' (whih I don't really understand what that means... how slow
a connection?), and it has a better looking GUI, there are no other
differences I should consider?

Looks aside, which interface is more usable and easier to use? And
why?
Since you're using both, can you describe your experience with
FireFly?

If you're not comfortable reviewing a product which is in some
competition to slimdevices, we can do it in PMs, but I would still like
to get some indepth feedback from a user of both.

heck, maybe people here might want to hear how and why you think the
other product is better, so they can improve slimserver...

--
outsider