nig27 wrote:
> To make sure not wasting your time, I have installed latest LMS (dated 4
> Oct.) and latest BBC iplayer v1.4.10.]

1.4.10 is dead, broken, useless  - where did you find the link to it ?
It's only there for the few who refuse to upgrade.

Broken AAC transcoding has NOTHING to do with BBCiPlayer.

You have at least 2 problems with AAC transcoding - probably some
settings somewhere has been changed when they shouldnt' have been
changed.

AFAICT faad and flac work OK on your system but the transcoding process
doesn't work so you get "end of file" error and zero bytes

There is also a mystery why wasn't transcoding to Flac attempted.

This needs thinking.