I'm listening to my collection through headphones plugged into my laptop
(no speakers in the room where I work at home) and I've just switched
from Foobar to SoftSqueeze, which for some reason causes less stress on
the server.  (Slim.exe was pinning the CPU on the server every 10
seconds or so when generating stream.mp3, and there were 1 to 2 second
dropouts every few songs.)  I started out using the applet, but it was
a chore to restart if the connection to SlimServer broke.

So far so good.  Here are a few issues, and a question:

1.  The web page (Touch) for SoftSqueeze isn't always up-to-date.

2.  Clicking on the left side of the Transporter knob is a no-op.

3.  Right-clicking on the remote acts like clicking the left side of
the knob.

My question: for my purposes (basically, starting and stopping Random
Mix), I don't need the remote.  Can I hide it?

(SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252)

--
dbls