slartibartfast wrote:
> There is a player setting to adjust the volume of remote streams and
> this used to allow me to  reduce the volume of radio stations and
> Spotify to a level close to that of local music with Replaygain applied.
> Recently Spotify seems to have become a lot louder and I found that
> Spotify is no longer affected by this setting which makes it practically
> impossible to use Spotty with Don't Stop The Music. Have Spotify changed
> something?
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using TapatalkI checked my settings for Spotty and
> found  that "Volume normalisation"
was enabled for two of my players (I didn't enable it and I am pretty
sure I disabled it when it was enabled by default). I assume that having
volume normalisation turned on overrides the global volume adjustment
for remote streams but the odd thing is that the normalised volume is
very much louder than local music or radio. After turning off volume
normalisation the volume is again governed by the global remote stream
setting and more in line with local music.

In the Spotify app I noticed that there are now three settings for
volume normalisation. Loud, Normal and Quiet. I wonder which one Spotty
is using and if all three could be offered via a drop down menu.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk