philchillbill wrote:
> Thanks for this. 1 and 2 are already shortlisted. 3 is doable but might
> get very long in the teeth (I have 120 albums by Tangerine Dream). 4,5,6
> won't work because for the JSON command to loadtracks with namesearch or
> titlesearch, you cannot specify a number to limit it to and LMS
> automatically adds everything in your library that matches. How do you
> envisage 7 (Search) working?

I only have Phaedra!

4,5 & 6 - let me explain my thinking which is based on how I use LMS and
I appreciate not necessarily the way others do.
If I am working and listening at the same time I either play Radio
Paradise or more often I play something and then let DSTM/LastMix do its
stuff from my library and from Spotify. A while ago Michael added the
facility to create genre based Random mix which could be used as a seed
for a subsequent DSTM/LastMix generated playlist. I created a bunch of
these seeds which are in a sub folder in favourites (can you note that
people do use sub folders in favourites) but it would be good to be able
to ask Alexa to create them on the fly.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110023-Feature-Request-Random-Seed

7. I now realise that is a bit complex and therefore I withdraw it.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng