Cebolla wrote:
> As far as the Linn Majik is concerned, the UPnPBridge is a bog standard
> UPnP/DLNA controller getting it to stream audio file tracks from LMS
> (proxied by the UPnPBridge). If you haven't set any of transcode
> settings of the UPnPBridge,  the FLAC and MP3 tracks will be streamed by
> the Linn Majik untouched.
>
> Your only issue may be that the Linn Majik won't be playing the tracks
> gaplessly. Last time I looked into this, Linn DSM devices only support
> gapless playback when used as an OpenHome streamer, ie, not when used as
> a standard UPnP/DLNA streamer. Unfortunately, the UPnPBridge does not
> support OpenHome, only standard UPnP.

Thank you again for confirming this, and no, UPnPBridge is configured to
not transcode anything (as is LMS). <sarcasm> I figured I may as well
leave that to the Linn, seeing as it was somewhat more expensive than
the Pi. </sarcasm> :)

Indeed, gapless is an issue, but not of a particular concern. The only
issue I've really had with this setup is that tracks get stuck at the
end of a song and it does not advance to the next track. I believe
embedded cover art in the files may play a role, particularly if the
embedded PNGs/JPGs are larger than, say, 2MB...