Stan Pulsar wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Chrome is not my main browser (although installed, but without any
> further extension than the few default "Google docs" ones)
> Firefox is, but I have no such "multimedia" extension.
>
> SL-X log after startup says :

Code:
--------------------
  >   > 09:06:42.492
  > Start InitProgram

  > 09:06:42.497   Read Settings From Registry
  > 09:06:42.513   SyncMemo called.
  > 09:06:42.514   Init Tray Menu
  > 09:06:42.514   Registering MediaKeys
  > 09:06:42.601   ConnectAll Called
  > 09:06:42.609   Broadcast Discovery packet 'e' with
'eNAME'#0'JSON'#0'CLIP'#0'VERS'#0 to [192.168.0.255]
--------------------

> SL-X is not part of the possible choices for the default music app.
> (maybe it would be if I chose "open with..." from a right click on an
> audio file, but anyway this is not a setting I want)
>
> BTW : I have a logitech keyboard with media keys (and other shortcuts)
> accessible by 'Fn' + pressing on F keys.
> There's an option in the kb settings to switch behaviour and have
> shortcuts/media keys accessible on direct F key action. Tried this
> too, no change.
> Again, when I launch my default media player ('Media Player Classic'),
> media keys are working. (MPC is -not- running when I try SL-X)
>
> I browsed trough running processed in task manager, saw nothing media
> related.

Judging from the log, it appears that the media Windows media keys are
not failing to register as hot keys.  So I am not sure why they are not
working for you.I'll have to dig deeper into this.  It may be something
odd with that keyboard.

You are also correct about SLX not a possible choice for making the
default music app.  SLX is not designed to do that (at least at this
point).

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X