slartibartfast wrote:
> What happens if you leave the app by backing out of it though by
> clicking the phone back key a few times? That is when the notification
> fails to appear for me. LMS is still present in the list of background
> apps but no notification.

As mentioned many times before, to stop sites randomly playing audio,
Chrome will not allow a media session until the user has interacted with
the page. This is to stop annoying audio adds. (If only they'd do the
same with video). A media session is what is used to display the
controls. Because of this you *must* interact with Material for the
notification to show. Material is just a web page, it is not a real
application, so it is limited to what the browser allows.

Pressing your phone's back button does not send a click event to
Material.