Paul Webster wrote:
> LMS is designed to serve audio to devices with very limited memory (Slim
> Devices ...) plus Squeezelite happily plays radio streams (which are
> infinite in length).
> It would probably make Sync harder as well.
> So, although I have not checked the code to see if there is a special
> mechanism in Squeezelite/LMS to download the entire track before
> playing, I do not think that it does.

The is no mechanism like that. There are 2 buffers: a stream buffer
where audio is downloaded in native format and an output buffer where
audio sits decoded (plain 32 bits pcm) waiting to be send to the sound
system. If stream buffer is big enough, then at some point the track
will be entirely into that stream buffer. When the track is entirely
decoded, then the next one is requested and starts to be put in the
stream buffer, all is a continuous process. So just to be clear and at
least certainly for the first track, playback starts while streaming is
still active (it might be the unsaid concern of OP). Size of buffers
have no impact on synchronization

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5