justinj wrote:
> In short: Having the audio play out to multiple devices where a group is
> undesirable
>
> The long: I have my home theatre PC that connects into my squeezelite
> network (Which consists of in multiple ceiling speakers with in roof RPi
> per pair and a portable wireless speaker box) and I've just finished an
> LED wall that has an audio sampler/spectrum analyser that I would like
> to receive a mirror of the audio going to the main speakers via a second
> sound card for it to analyse and react to.  Currently running W7 but
> that'll probably change to Linux when I have some more time after
> Christmas.

Normal LMS ways is multiple players which are synced. Group is a plugin
to simplify this.  Squeezelite will only output to a single audio
"device". On Linux this can be a PulseAudio or ALSA devices.  Alsa and
PulseAudio can do lots of functionality such as mixing / merging etc

If using Linux I suspect it could be best done with ALSA - example
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/293450/alsa-send-audio-to-two-audio-devices

Not sure if you still want to use the two device separately at other
times - if 2nd audio  is just for display then unlikely.

IIRC There used to be a version of squeezelite which provided a feed of
FFT data of the audio streams.