slartibartfast wrote:
> I have just installed MusicIP on my Pi4 using these instructions and
> everything seems to be working. The only stumbling blocks I came across
> are old ones.
> 1. There is no command to download the MusicIP software and once
> downloaded the unpacking command did not work for me. I used
> wget http://www.spicefly.com/files/mp/MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz
> unpack using
> tar xzvf MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz
>
> 2. In crontab I used
> 0 4 * * * sudo /etc/init.d/mmserver stop
> 1 4 * * * sudo /etc/init.d/mmserver start
>

> LMS imported 50000 MusicIP tracks in around 15 minutes. I was surprised
> to see the used RAM after import was still high at 2895 MB and 43MB of
> swap space had been used. The only way I know to free that RAM is to
> reboot the server or restart MusicIP.

Thanks Slartibartfast for the confirmation. When I will have time  I
will update the tutorial on the first page taking your updates into
account.
After 2 months of usage I can say that MusicIP and Spicefly Sugarcube
are both running very well, fast and smooth on the Pi4, not long waiting
times anymore.
You could still increase the use of swap-space if you need more ram for
importing (some installations do not have this ram problem, I do not
know why...)

One more nice addon for the MusicIP community:
Charles, the author of Spicefly Sugarcube offers a key for MusicIP on
his website (If you copy it to your homefolder/.MusicMagic you can get
unlimited playlist length and binary moods... plus a lot more features
for the windows version....)
https://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-key

Cheers,
Frank