philchillbill wrote:
> Not sure what you mean about LMS as Alexa speakers. Using the skill, an
> Echo can be an LMS speaker (with the 'Stream' commands). For the other
> way around, you wouldn't need a skill but just Bluetooth from an Echo to
> a BT capable LMS device, like the new ESP32 players. Or do I
> misunderstand?
>
> I submitted the other skill LMS-lite in French today for certification.
> But this one would be a *lot* more work.

Bluetooth is ok but not great regarding sound quality. I would much
prefer the other way around ie using alexa devices for voice command and
outputing music straight from my LMS device so no bluetooth "cooking"
(FLAC/AAC/MP3 -> SBC -> WAV) before feeding my audiophile DAC..
I know several skills fo DENON, SONOS, YAMAHA soundgears allow this ie
using ALEXA for voice command and the device for audio output (grouping
them in the ALEXA app)..

maybe my use case is marginal..

Thanks anyway