OK, that log looks pretty normal to me, and suggests that it might
simply be a documentation bug. :-) I see in the log that you navigated
to "Screensaver when off" -> "+1/9 Screensavers (1:00)" -> "60 seconds
(1:00)", and that looks great. In order to change the duration, you'd
need to use Up or Down while on that "60 seconds (1:00)" screen.
Instead, it looks like you pressed Left and moved back to the "+1/9
Screensavers (1:00)" level. To change the saver to use, while you're on
that "N seconds" or "N seconds (M:SS)" screen, use Right to see the
current saver for that X/9 position. When looking at the screensaver
name, use Up or Down to choose another screensaver.

For example, to change from 1/9 being Date and Time at 60 seconds to
using SuperDateTime at 30 seconds, you'd do something like

Up or Down to "Screensaver when off"
Right to X/9, and Up or Down to "+1/9 Screensavers (0:60)"
Right to "60 seconds (1:00)"
Down to "30 seconds"
Right to "Date and Time Screensaver"
Up or Down to "SuperDateTime Screensaver"

Then you could do something like this to confirm the change

Left to "30 seconds"
Left to "+1/9 Screensavers (0:30)"
Left to to "Screensaver when off"
Right to X/9, and Up or Down to "+1/9 Screensavers (0:30)"
Right to "30 seconds"
Right to "SuperDateTime Screensaver"

Note that any time you use Up or Down to change what's showing on the
level that shows "N seconds" or "N seconds (M:SS)" *or* the bottom
level that shows just a screensaver name, you update the preference,
and would need to Up/Down back to the previous value if you changed
your mind.

Also I see some "repeat" entries indicating that you held the button
down. The SaverSwitcher setup screens require short, single button
presses. I know that's not a great UI, but it's my workaround for a
problem I have with my setup. I use a universal remote control with my
Squeezebox 1, using the JVC DVD infrared codes, and the repeat events
fire too quickly for that setup. Without some extra code, the menu
scrolling is *much* too sensitive with the JVC codes; the easy "fix" is
simply to have the plugin require individual button presses.

I hope this helps -- if not, it would be great if you could send me
another log like that that includes entries for arrowing up/down at the
duration and screensaver menu levels. If this does solve your problem,
please let me know and I'll try updating the web page with better
instructions.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock