callesoroe wrote:
> As you are on a Linux OS, I will recommend using notepad++ and use these
> settings, as recommended from Paul. I had some strange issues because I
> used notepad in windows to create the file.
>
> Here what Paul wrote to me:
>
> "Try editing with Notepad++ (download it) not notepad.
> Then check the setting for Line Endings for the file and set it to Unix
> (not Windows) and the format to be ANSI/ASCII not Utf-8 and not with a
> BOM (will be clear from the menus)."
>
> Then place the file in the folder. That should work.

Thx very very much!

Unfortunately the approach is too geeky for me :-) Have found the
location on Max2Play (\etc\squeezeboxserver), have followed the steps
above and doesn't seem to work yet.

Have plenty of questions linked to this custom file: how can I check if
the file is being taken into account? Would I see it via the "more info"
e.g. less kbps? Or I need to check in logs

I understand SOX still lossless? But would like to make sure I get the
stream untouched for my Transporter. Is it possible to assign this to a
player only e.g. a Boom?

Transporter, Cambridge Audio 651R + Q Acoustics Concept 40 --- Touch +
Onkyo TX-SR309 + Morel Applause MKII --- SB2, SB3, Duet, 2 Booms, 7
Radios --- Ipeng & Material --- LMS 7.9.3 - 1579448956 on Pi4 4GB -
Max2Play --- Qobuz