When my mac built mplayer it was in a directory called mplayersrc.  This
directory contains a folder (which I think is also a directory) called
MPlayer-1.0pre8  In the 2nd named location I found a dark grey
rectangular thing called mplayer. I have now moved this to
Usr/local/bin where an identical looking thing called lame also lives.
Why can I not get it to do anything?
See...Last login: Tue Mar 20 15:08:20 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
John-Manuels-Computer:~ visitor$ mplayer
-bash: mplayer: command not found
John-Manuels-Computer:~ visitor$ ./mplayer
-bash: ./mplayer: No such file or directory
John-Manuels-Computer:~ visitor$ mplayersrc
-bash: mplayersrc: command not found
John-Manuels-Computer:~ visitor$ MPlayer-1.0pre8
-bash: MPlayer-1.0pre8: command not found

--
js85