However, I have a problem with song titles that involve a slash ("/")
which is of course not permitted in Unix/Linux file names.

When a slash character is present in the song titles, it means that MAI
will search for lyrics for quite a long time, and for some strange
reason, it tends to make my system less responsive afterwards.

Could you please enable info logging for plugin.musicartistinfo (Settings/Advanced/Logging), try to bring up infos for such a song, then provide your full server.log.zip:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

Is that an option that can be considered for implementation in a future
version of MAI?

I'd consider it a bug if it eg. started searching from the root of your file system because of that slash...

--

Michael