> Ok thanks.. would be a great addition for the future though, since it
> makes it much more flexible.

Yes, it would, but at the cost of much more complexity. It's really just a
quickly hacked together plugin I did a while ago.

> Too bad I abandoned Linux a while ago for my home system, since I need
> windows for several reasons.. now the question would be.. is there a
> windows port of fortune? or something similar? (for this usage without
> a GUI would be fine, just some sort of script).

That's where the trouble would start for that kind of plugin: how to check
whether a file should be displayed or executed on different platforms? The
plugin says it all: it's a file viewer :-).

--

Michael