The Thecus N5200 is an alternative which uses a Pentium M, has 256mb
which can be upgraded, can have up to 5 disks and is low powered. This
is at the moment the only consumer NAS which which packs this much CPU
power.  I think this will change in the next few months as others look
to compete with Thecus's offering.

This is an alternative to rolling your own.  I went this direction for
both it's networking performance for my work and it's capability for
current versions of SS and potential for supporting future versions.
Mine currently has 512MB and runs at 800Mhz.

--
Pellicle