I've used Dynamic Playlists + Custom Skip for years now to give me Never
Played Albums overnight. I have a dedicated Pi in the bedroom just for
that purpose.

Apparently the main library.db got corrupted in a power outage a couple
weeks ago, but deleting it and letting it rebuild fixed the problem. I
had a couple nights of business as usual, but now (despite no further
power issues) it simply refuses to add any new albums to the playlist.
In fact, selecting Never Played Albums now results in the server
becoming unavailable until I restart it. Nothing useful in the log, no
indication that anything has gone bad, it just sits until I restart.

So I've got two questions:

1. At 117,000+ tracks, have I just outgrown the plugins?

2. Is there anything else that provides the same functionality? I want
to be able to cycle through albums that particular instance has never
played while skipping genres I use to identify the material as
non-music.

3. Is it still possible to install the plugins (should I have to rebuild
the whole thing) even though Erland seems to have left the scene? It's
been so long now that I can't even remember what I did. I thought I had
to show an additional repository on the plugins menu, but I don't see
one there.

4. Are Erland's plugins compatible with LMS 8? (Just curious, the server
in question is still on 7.9.2.)

While trying to track this down yesterday, I also noticed a very strange
issue where I could see more entries in the log via the web interface
than showed when I simply went in via SSH and viewed the log on a
terminal window. Makes me wonder if at long last the microSD card has
given up, though I'd expect to see more problems in that case.

Thank you!