Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction...  have read most of
the thread, but my speaker only works on the outside WiFi and I've run
out of light before I got to the later posts in the thread.  I think I'm
getting there, but as I'm not that technical, I suspect I may be asking
some questions about what I actually do tomorrow.  Now I've sudo pigiod
do I have to do that again, or is that now a permanent thing?  Basically
I have an encoder on GIPO 16 & 18, and so I think I need to put
something somewhere that expresses that...   hopefully tomorow I'll work
it out.