pixie wrote:
> First of all, I love the work. It should enable me to add my Yamaha
> R-N303D receiver (DLNA capable) to my 'multiroom setup' (squeezelite on
> rpi's). I'm still getting to know LMS, but I'm getting there.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm stuck trying to play some AAC files (.m4a) as well as
> MP3 files. What happened:
> >   >   >
  - First, with the bridge working in passthrough, I noticed that my
  > m4a files did not play. MP3 files were playing perfectly. I figured
  > this might have something to do with the AAC support from my
  > receiver (yep, I read the user guide). So I thought that switching
  > 'Full processing mode' should do the trick. m4a files were playing
  > perfectly!
  - The 'full processing mode' resulted in an unexpected side-effect.
  > MP3 files were no longer playing. This problem did send me down the
  > rabbit hole tweaking setting (supported codecs, forced audio types
  > and what not) but nothing seems to give me the desired outcome. I am
  > attaching my logs in which I noticed in the transcoding mode the mp3
  > codec seems to disappear where the bridge is telling LMS what it
  > supports.
  > > >

> I'm attaching the some files which should hopefully help to solve this
> mystery:
> >   >
  - log file pass through mode: 30089
  - log file full processing mode: 30090
  - configuration: 30091

> Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong?

mp4 in passthrough is hit and miss. What's happening in your case is
that you don't have the mp3 codec library on your system, so mp3 is
removed from capabilities. You can either install the codec (mad codec,
so libmad) or you use the -static version which has codecs built-in

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5