I've had to disable online integration as the scanner was not completing
Spotify and causing LMS to be sluggish and unresponsive. I was also
unable to cancel the scan (was at 283 hours and counting) despite
pressing cancel and waiting a good 5 minutes. Restarting LMS just
resumed the scan.
The only way I was able to get things back to normal was by restarting
LMS via the Synology package center, going into LMS and pressing cancel
scan as soon as it resumed. I was then able to disable the online music
plugin to prevent the never ending Spotify Scan and complete
successfully for local music only.

HB

1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology
DS2419+ and LMS 8.0.0 (pinkdot)