Theriverlethe wrote:
> I'm unable to output from Squeezelite-X to the Jriver WDM driver in
> WASAPI mode. It works fine in DirectSound or MME mode, but obviously
> those don't allow exclusive access. Foobar2000 has no problem
> controlling the Jriver WDM WASAPI driver, so it appears to be working
> fine. I'm able to use Foobar2000 as a DLNA renderer from LMS and then
> output to the Jriver driver, but this is a little... inelegant.

I have experienced almost the exact opposite of this!

I subscribe to Qobuz. I had to turn off the hi-res option when playing
from the Qobuz Win app to JRiver MC WDM, as switching sample rate would
cause stuttering playback; indeed it rarely if ever played non-44.1kHz
material properly.

A few days ago I decided to try upsampling everything to 176.4kHz, and
the easiest way to do that would be to play via Squeezelite-X and use
SOX. However, it turned out that Squeezelite-X played to the JRiver WDM
perfectly, with no stuttering at all, so I didn't need to go the SOX
route at all. Sample rate changes result in a slight click occasionally,
but often nothing, and it's near instantaneous. I know it's working as
the JRiver DSP engine reports the incoming sample rate.

So now, finally, I can play hi-res from any source and have JRiver do
the DSP I need, and it just works. I have no explanation for why the
others did not work.

(One final note: I use ASIO, rather than WASAPI, but it's exclusive use
and bit perfect. I'm also using an external USB sound card rather than
the internal one.)

PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3