When listening to a Spotify playlist containing recent recordings and
recordings from the eighties, there’s a clear difference in
volume.

All of my players are set to “smart gain”.  When playing
back local files, the volumes are similar, so I think this is a
Spotify-specific problem.

Additionally, for each player I have ReplayGain enabled in the Spotty
options.  (Aside: It took me a while to find this option, and I’m
not sure that it’s helpful for it to exist.  I feel like it should
default to on if ReplayGain is active for the player)

I notice that running “ps” mentions “spotty
--enable-volume-normalisation …”, which seems correct.

Any ideas?  Does anyone have this working?