I avoid doing an update late at night as they are often incomplete and I
need to test on a selection of about 20 HLS stations of various
combinations.

Paul Webster wrote:
> I think that the solution to this part is something like this:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> although I am sure that there is a much shorter way of doing it.

I went back to HLS RFC to check if it was using standard relative URI
stuff so I've gone with a standard library to do the work just in case
another site includes something like "../"

Code:

  $chunkurl = URI->new_abs($chunkurl,$url)->canonical->as_string;

> Edit: it does match ... I just had to wait a few more seconds. Will have
> to listen to old and new to see if it really is a sound upgrade.
Saw this as well - I guessed you'd pick it up.

My sound quality rule of thumb is 96kbps AAC = 128kbps MP3.  So the
252kbps AAC should be better.