dolodobendan wrote:
> If everything else fails: You could convert the files to mp3. Far from
> ideal, but should take only a few clicks in foobar 2000 (and some time
> to convert in the background).

[face palm] I should have thought of that--thanks for the reminder about
conversion rather than re-ripping. Sure, I might well lose some quality
going from one lossy format to another, but that's my own fault for
picking WMA when I first started ripping CDs 20 or so years ago. Ah,
well.

I made a test conversion yesterday with foobar2000 for all WMA files in
a given folder (from a single album). It worked. It did seem to insist
on putting all the converted files into a single folder (of my choice),
which I would have to deal with. Still easier than re-ripping, though. I
might save re-ripping for a future in which all of my media playing
devices support FLAC--which my car currently does not.