Hello,

For now I can't share much as it's a hacked together solution not worthy
of being called programming/scripting.

If you like to know what's going on under the kitchen sink in LMS, then
I can tell you it's in the Spotty plugin, in the custom-convert.conf
file.  For every spotify track being played, this conversion file is
being talked to.  I force my players to PCM audio for now, so I can
control the conversion.  I'm simply calling another script instead of
the Spotty binary.  Code I found on github is taking the spotify track
ID, converts it to a Deezer track ID, and this gets played back into
LMS.

Anything more concrete I'll take to the development subforum.