If you have time, see if you can find a page that has tides for any
given US zipcode or something like that.  It's gotta be out there.  I
haven't checked, but weather.com doesn't show tides for zipcodes that
are on the water does it?

The 6.5 versions definately wont work in 6.3 as the display SS API was
completely overhauled in 6.5.

Are you really running 6.3?  Do you know what bug reference number it
is?  Are you sure you just don't have the Player Settings -> Audio ->
Power On Resume setting set wrong?  I have multiple players and I don't
have any problems with them being "forgotten" when powered down.
SlimServer keeps track of players by MAC address, which shouldn't
change after a power cycle.

-Greg

--
GoCubs