sbhenk wrote:
> I figured out where the problem is (and a fix for my use case: iPeng and
> material).  I set up a Favorite to point to a playlist copied from the
> CDplayerCDTOC.opml generated by CDplayer to see what various changes
> would do.  First conclusion: replacing the cdplay:// URIs with files or
> other URLs didn't change the loading behaviour so looks like it's how
> the OPML is parsed by clients and not an issue with CDplayer.  Nothing I
> tried worked so finally I replaced all the top-level "playlist" types
> with "audio" and bingo, the whole CD loads into the playlist.  I see
> several issues with this:
>
> - this doesn't seem to conform to the SB wiki OPML spec
> - the whole CD loads into the playlist so it's not possible to add
> specific tracks
> - it may break older clients
>
> So for Comet clients the fix is to replace all 5 instances of
> "type=playlist" with "type=audio" in CDhandler.pm.

The wiki is v. old and I think was written mainly as a spec based on
other OPML implementations. LMS  implementation has evolved since then I
think with some undocumented "types".

This tallies with Michael's comments in the Spotify thread I referenced.
The "playlist" was initially changed to "audio" and commented that it
wasn;t clear why thisworks.  However, subsequently another solution was
used, perhaps as you suggest because the "audio" changes.