cpd73 wrote:
> As stated, if this were the case then you could go from an ungrouped
> genre into a group genre - then the next time seeds are chosen you could
> have a track in the grouped genres, so now you are fixed into that
> group. This, to me, makes no sense.

I'd like to chime in here with an observation regarding this filtering.
To me what makes MusicIP so much better than just about any other way of
auto-generating mixes is what you seem to want to circumvent: the genre
independence. Fingerprinting and mixing is based on acoustical
characteristics of a song, not on its genre. To me this makes perfect
sense: a singer with an acoustical guitar is a singer with an acoustical
guitar regardless of whether he's a folk singer, a metal singer doing an
unplugged session, ... If it sounds similar (and you can tweak the
desired degree of similarity) it belongs together, otherwise you could
just use the default random mix plugin and do the genre filtering there
as randomly selected songs restricted to e.g. "Power Metal" will usually
give a balanced mix.
If you really don't want certain genres to be returned, why not just
implement a checklist with the genres, check any you don't want, thus
limiting what gets returned. No need for convoluted logic constructions
;)

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...