Hi Bjorn

I installed Raspberry PI OS Desktop (32bit) on a rpi4 b (4GB) using the
RPI Imager tool

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-imager-imaging-utility/

Updated the OS, plugged a lead into the headphone jack, and selected
Analog as output

Used Chromium to check that it worked, went to the fip radio main page
and got no music, rebooted and tried again, it worked with volume set at
100%, I used Alsamixer to set the volume at 0db.

Installed Squeezelite from the Apt repository

> Menu > Preferences > Add / Remove Software >  Squeezelite in the search
> box, selected Alsa version

Checked that it worked from my LMS install, went to Settings > Player >
Audio > set output volume to 100%.  No sound.

On the pi I opened a terminal

Code:
--------------------
    aplay -L
--------------------

and choose

> sysdefault:CARD=Headphones

which I added to

Code:
--------------------
    sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite
--------------------

31256

"-C 5" stops Squeezelite hogging the output if not selected as a player

Rebooted and tested it played OK

I enabled SSH and VNC server and followed the insructions here to
install Open CPN

http://https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opencpn:opencpn_user_manual:getting_started:opencpn_installation:raspberrypi_rpi2

I got this

Code:
--------------------
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install opencpn
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  Package opencpn is not available, but is referred to by another package.
  is only available from another source

  E: Package 'opencpn' has no installation candidate

So I left it there, as I have no boat, not even a rubber duck :)

Good luck

ronnie

|Filename: downunder.png                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31256|