philchillbill wrote:
> I've been testing a possibility to provide *back-to-back commands*
> without having to say 'Alexa, ask MediaServer to...' before each and
> every command. It works very well. The idea is that you issue the
> commands in-session rather than one-shot. So when you first ask 'Alexa,
> open Media Server', after she says 'Say a Media Server command:' she
> will continually tack on ['What else?', 'Any other command?', 'Anything
> else?'] *until you say 'no'*. This means you could e.g. say:
>
> Alexa, open Media Server
> Play some Deep House
> Enable shuffle
> Disable repeat
> What's playing?
> Duration
> No    --> ends session
>
> without repeating either 'Alexa' or 'MediaServer' during the session.
>
> Is this feature desirable and should I go live with it? The only
> disadvantage is that people who do all their commands in-session will
> now have to answer with a 'no' after every MediaServer response from
> Alexa.

Phil,
Could be useful, for example, asking mediaserver to play an album, and
then increasing volume, or skipping a track etc all in one session.

Just so I understand how this would work, if I said " Ask mediaserver to
play the album Kind of Blue by Miles Davis", with this feature would she
then start playing the album and then ask "Anything Else?".

If I didn't reply (ie. I didn't say "no" or issue another command, what
happens then, is there a timeout period? What I'm really asking is do I
really have to say "no" or will it time out?

location 1: lms 8.0 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1 touch, x1
controller : location 2: lms 8.0 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1
duet receiver, x1 controller : alexa mediaserver smart skill, material
android, squeezelitex control