Good point, bpa! That might be the problem. As far as I remember,
AlienBBC comes with the two .conf and the mplayer.sh and will work
out-of-the-box on a standard Linux system. Because of mplayer-stdout
one needs a special custom-convert.conf in SSODS. And in case of SS 6.3
a "types.conf" has to be added/changed as well (because Alien cannot
load it into SS?). I'm not sure if this "exotic" case is mentioned in
the README (or if I am saying rubbish here :-)

--
flipflip

Check out flipflip's 'SlimServer On DiskStation (SSODS)'
(http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods/)!