d6jg wrote:
> I have had a bit of a read and I see that pacrec can be configured to
> take input from STDIN. If I sent Squeezelite to STDOUT would that work I
> wonder.
> Thanks for the note about running as a service

IIRC if you try to pipe STDOUT from squeezelite - you get get problems -
flow control, silence etc.  Can't remember the detail but is has been
tried before

Do not use parec using STDIN is default - specify the pulseaudio input
aka sink.

Best to play squeezelite into a pulse audio device (i.e. sink) and then
use parec with "-monitor-stream" (a sink) or "-d" to capture the audio
from source.

Command line "pactl list" will show what's available/happening or GUI
"Pulseaudio Volume Control"  to see the device being used.   Look at
before and after starting to play something on a a squeezelite (from a
command line under same parent process e.g. from a command shell) user -
you'll see the devices.