mecouc wrote:
> I hate to ask a silly question, but is it all pretty robust?

I can speak as a user of this skill, I had similar reservations to you,
I wanted something that would be reliable and not need much tinkering.

Once set up this does the trick and works well. The documentation is
very good and the skills author is very helpful. Once you get used to
the "rhythm" of talking to Alexa it works very well and after a while
it's difficult to live without voice control. So overall yes its a very
worthwhile addition.

On a simple, standalone server system as you propose, it shouldn't be
too much trouble to set up (use the ngrok tunneling with auto update as
documented), and then just leave it alone to do it's thing.

It does have a few anomalies occasionally but these are Alexa/NW related
and not issues with the skill.

location 1: lms 8.0 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1 touch, x1
controller : location 2: lms 8.0 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1
duet receiver, x1 controller : alexa mediaserver smart skill, material
android, squeezelitex control