Greg, with respect to mp3s stopping for 30s, I found a workaround in
ralphy’s squeezelite 'thread'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-(alsa-only)&p=986931&viewfull=1#post986931)
by forcing buffer size, however I’m not able to achieve the same result
with SLX. Is the following supposed to accept the buffer size command?
It doesn’t work on my PC whereas it works if I launch squeezelite
standalone. I don't know if the problem is that SLX doesn't read the "-b
1400:1400" arguments or if the problem is that SLX uses a different
version of squeezelite than the one I tested standalone.

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Squeezelite-X\SqueezeliteX.exe" -b 1400:1400