Patricia P wrote:
> I have just added a new Marantz CD player to my stereo system. I found
> this has a good integration with iPhone, which plays music either on the
> phone or streaming like Amazon music when iPhone is wired via USB to the
> marantz.
>
> I wonder if ipeng can play from my iPad air 2 without a hardware
> squeezebox in the chain?
>
> That would access lms so I can stream to the CD player.

If you buy the iPeng local player (in-app purchase) then your iPad
becomes a Squeezebox. I assume that if you then plug in via USB to your
new Marantz device then the sound would come out there ... however, try
it by using something other than the Marantz software to check
e.g. BBC Sounds app

If your new device has some networking capability (Wi-fi or Ethernet)
then there are many more possibilities.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland