I am running LMS 7.9.2 currently, and Spotty 4.3.0. A week or so ago,
Spotify stopped working for my thru LMS. Spotify still works normally,
and thru my receiver that has a client built-in. But it doesn't work
thru LMS. Everything gives the appearance of working -- if I look in the
spotify app on my phone, it allows me to pick the devices I've setup in
Spotty, and shows time advancing in tracks, but no sound. I should note
I just today updated to Spotty 4.3.0 to see if it would fix the problem,
but no joy. Don't know what it was at prior.

A couple of other oddities: If I use the LMS web interface, under My
Apps, it shows nothing but App Gallery, which gets an error if I select
it. On iPeng (which is normally how I interact with LMS), it *does* show
the expected apps, but when I select Spotty, I can't get it to do
anything *useful*. Search fails, nothing shows up in Albums, Artists,
etc.

I am wondering if I should update to LMS 8.0/Spotty 4.0? Are there known
compatibility issues with the "older" versions? Did Spotify change
something recently on the back end?

If the advice is to update, how do I get to LMS 8.0? I apologize that
it's not immediately obvious to me. I'm sure there's a post you could
point me to. Also of note, I am running this on PiCorePlayer 5.0.0.

Thanks for any helpful guidance!