bins wrote:
> I disabled the "show on air text" and it's been playing for 40 minutes
> now (so far) with no pause or buffering. I think the text option must be
> what was causing it.

The OnAir text is current track/program info for live streams and is
retrieved from the RadioPlayer siet as well as a BBC site.

Attempted fetches from the RadioPlayer site causes the "error fetching
RadioPlayer BBC " message
Attempted fetches from BBC site cause the "error fetching BBC segments"

The fetches should be retrieved only once per 30 secs even if there is
an error.  The attempt to get data RadioPlayer is not only failing but
in some way - the timing is broken and trigger an immediate retry.

While it is possible the https is the underlying cause - it is strange
other users do not have this same problem.  So it is possible there is
another cause but there is a bug to be fixed to prevent the immediate
retry of the http request.

There is a situation with LMS on Windows where some users have https
issues and it is not clear why only a few users get the problem.  I do
not know the workings of SSL/TLS but the security process relies on
stored certificates and I have seen one case where corrupted
certificates cause strange issues. So as a matter of course we try to
gather as much details of associated SSL  & OS software on a users
system to find critical packages/modules.

Since your issue is a new manifestation - I am interested in knowing
what version of Openssl is on your system - just run the command
"openssl version"