philchillbill wrote:
> The size of that buffer is unpublished but is no more than maybe a
> second before playback starts. Enough to mess up sync with other
> players. That’s how it starts out - after a few seconds it’s already
> minutes of buffer. If you start a stream by voice and watch the Alexa
> player in the LMS GUI or iPeng, in no time LMS thinks we are already on
> the next song.
>
> You can set an offset in ms for where to start playback, but it’s used
> when a skill is interrupted to make an announcement or such and return
> to the point in the stream where the music was interrupted.

Oh I was not expecting to provide you with sync with other LMS players.
I've only been able to do that with AirPlay as it uses RTSP/RTP and I
was able to "proxy" RTP to LMS way of controlling playback timing.

I was referring to your comment of sync between LMS display and Alexa
display. The bridge will create a "fake" LMS player for each Alexa
speaker and when LMS starts playback, it will simply send a stream at
the actual realtime bitrate + initial buffer of N seconds. So de-sync is
just max N secs.

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3