mherger wrote:
> > If there is a problem with one or other of the db's is it practical
> > just nuke it all and start from scratch?
>
> Don't nuke it all. Just nuke the library.db, artwork.db and imgproxy.db
>
> files. That will trigger a full rescan, during which all of them will be
>
> re-built.
>
> But still: I doubt they have anything to do with your TIDAL not showing
> up.
>
> --
>
> Michael
Thanks, I've done some further testing specifically on the "Tidal not
showing" element as detailed below.

My top-level conclusion is that it still doesn't work even with a
completely fresh LMS install on a different platform, and using a
totally new mysqueezebox account.  I can't see anything obvious in the
attached logs (from the test instance, 8.0.0 on Windows in NZ).
Does this narrow it down to say my geographic location?

Thanks, Alex

I DID FIND OTHER POSTS WITH WHAT SOUND LIKE AN IDENTICAL ISSUE:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109421-Tidal-Not-Showing-in-My-Apps-or-Home-Screen/page2
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108118-Tidal-not-showing-under-My-Apps
.. including "As I mentioned earlier, Tidal *does* work, but only if it
is uninstalled, reinstalled and then launched from the installation. "
as I have found.

TESTING DETAILS
Tangent: with my home instance deleting the recommended .db's fixed the
scanning issue, so home instance is fine now in that regard - but still
no Tidal app on home screen.

New attempt to narrow down the variables with a virgin install:
1/ In case it's platform related, I spun up a new LMS instance in a
Windows VM, with a 2 Artist/8 Album library for quick scanning.
2/ Logged into my existing mysb account, My Apps on LMS shows only CBC
and Podcasts, whereas My Apps on mysb website shows Tidal also.
3/ Tidal artists and albums show in main library via online nusic
library integration
...to me this indicates that it's probably nothing weird about my old
install, or the openSUSE OS.
4/ Next, I set up a totally new mysb account, put the new mysb
credentials into LMS, then rescanned LMS (with no mysb apps yet) to
confirm it had 'taken'
5/ "Installed" Tidal in mysb with my existing Tidal credentials,
rescanned LMS
6/ As above in (3), Tidal content is integrated in main library,
indicating that Tidal plugin/app is fine, but no "My Apps" section at
all in LMS
7/ "Installed" CBC and Podcasts in mysb and LMS, "My Apps" now show
Podcasts only - still no Tidal
8/ Possibly unrelated, by mysb can't see the squeezelite player that's
running in this test instance.  Maybe a networking thing with the VM?

31917  31918

|Filename: scanner.log.zip                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31918|