florca wrote:
> but I wonder whether this fully "signed-in" BBC access might reduce the
> potential incentive for the BBC to squash apps like the LMS BBC iPlayer,
> or restrict them to low-bandwidth content?

No. Copyright & money will always be there to try to lock users into a
BBC app.

Being paranoid, Sounds and mobile app with sign-in could try to displace
web based player as http & Browsers based applications evolve.  This
would make plugins dependent on the new API.  This could then be
followed by locking the API by the required use of the API key (this was
the case until recently).  For non UK users, it will then end up having
ads (DASH is designed to support inserted ads unlike HTTP/MP3) and/or
paid services.