bpa wrote:
> That is curious but now the problem is known, it can be replicated which
> I did.
>
> The problems is aac -flc conversion rules does not have a "D" capabillty
> - which is downsampling - your player setting said it can only accept
> 44.1khz
>
> I'm the sure iPlayer vs Sounds issues can now be rtracked.

Great bit of detective work!

bpa wrote:

> Still can't figure out root cause of Sounds vs iPlayer difference. I'm
> considering that iPlayer should not have played the stream either on a
> 44.1kHz only player but somewhow it did.

The sounds protocol handler explicitly sets the samplerate on the track
properties.  I suspect the transcoding selector uses that when selecting
the transcoding method.  I don't think the Iplayer protocol handler sets
that, enabling the transcoding selection to be be more forgiving.