staresy wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not sure if this is possible or not, so I thought I 'd ask.
>
> I have created some basic HTML pages which contain information and
> photos relating to particular artists I've played with/seen over the
> years etc.
> The files sit in a sub directory in each music folder.
>
> The HTML files are formatted in a similar style to Material and are
> accessed via the MAI plugin by selecting the artist, more, test files
> from music folder, additional information.html (that is my file name).
>
> This works well and as the style is similar to material, opening my HTML
> files is pretty seamless.
>
> The thing is though, there are a lot of button presses to get here! Is
> there a way to use the custom buttons feature to somehow add a shortcut?
>
> An ideal place would be in the header bar after the artist/album is
> selected, see below, or possibly to the three dots drop down menu for
> the album/song?
>
> Interested for some advice as to what is/isn't possible.
>
> Thanks

Not currently possible. However, the button next to where you want to
add yours is part of some 'album actions' - of which there is currently
only one. If there were more than 1 action a menu would be shown (as is
for Artists - e.g. to show biography, photos, browse on Spotify, etc).
What I could do, for 2.1.0, is extend Material's custom actions (see
https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material/wiki/Detailed-Information) to
allow entries to be added to this menu. For this you would create a JSON
file on the LMS server, and Material would swap this 'Album review'
button for a menu with 'Album review' and your actions.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.