Hey all,
some of you might be interested that I am working on a web based
player

https://gitlab.com/tangiblebytes/squeezebox/squeezebox-web

This is very much a work in progress and has limited functionality.

But you can browse albums and play albums via a web page - which is
useful to me.

If you want to have a play - the easiest way if probably to run the
docker image

Code:
--------------------
    docker run --env LMS_HOST="http://192.168.1.118:9000";  -dit --name squeezy
-p 8080:80 registry.gitlab.com/tangiblebytes/squeezebox/squeezebox-web
--------------------

Edit LMS_HOST  variable to point to your server before you run this -
and then visit http://localhost:8080 to see it running.

I'm not sure whether this app would be better done as a skin, if it
could be incorporated into Material skin, or if it might be better to
build a stronger server side element

One idea would be to provide a server element with strict access control
- user personalisation (eg favourites and last played) while limiting
access to things like system settings - such that the app might be safe
to expose to the internet and accessible for remote use without a VPN.

Album list
32243

Playback
32244

|Filename: playback.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32244|