gianpaoloracca wrote:
> Hi, just a little update on the matter, even if no one seems to care
> about it :)
You sound like Calimero :)

No offense meant, Calimero was a popular cartoon when I was a kid and as
it was an Italo-Japanse creation and your name sounded Italian, I could
not help it. Apologize if offense taken.

> I tried to put my two Airplay devices on the same subnet as my LMS and
> it works like a charm!
> Now, it would be nice to understand why having those devices on a
> different subnet prevented LMS from discovering them. I remind you that
> my iOS devices (that are on the same subnet of LMS) could find Airplay
> devices even if they were on a different subnet, so I think my PFSense
> rules were ok.
> If anyone has the same situation or has some hints it will be very
> appreciated.
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Gianpaolo
The different is where the mDNS query is initiated from and where it is
supposed to return, as here it is inside the docker instance. In the
case of your iOS device are, that constraint is not here.
I'm not saying that this is the reason, I'll have to have a look at the
mDNS broadcast code

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3