Paul Webster wrote:
> I've worked it out ... it was the last track in the preceding programme
> - Desert Island Discs.
> So the data is correct ... in that that is when it played ... although
> it was a different programme.
>
> I was listening live ... so I think in that situation it would be OK to
> honour the now_playing indicator - but maybe it can be calculated by
> using the segment offsets. Also ... does the segment id help?

Yes, I'm using the offsets and the id.   Its because it wasn't the same
programme that it wasn't matching.  It should check the program id.

bpa wrote:
> With DASH the segment id is a time stamp.  However if not playing live,
> in some extreme cases, players can have large buffers and so can have
> minutes of audio buffered in the player.

With the Sounds plugin, the track identification is all tied up with the
audio decoding, so it knows exactly what offset it is decoding, and only
sends out the new track id when the buffer is used (with a callback).
So it should all tie up, even if the buffer is a minute behind.