Viragored wrote:
> I recall from the iPlayer plugin in LMS is that, for example, on the
> "Radio 2" page the entries would go down to available shows in alpha
> order such as "The Blues show with Cerys Matthews". I got used to
> finding shows that interested me without having to know the day or time
> on which they were broadcast.
> Sadly, that all appears to be water under the bridge and now I'm
> learning how to find what I want via the different ways available on the
> BBC Sounds plugin.
The easiest way to get to programs you want without knowing when they're
on is to search.  So, in your case, search for "Cerys".

It's not the same as a list that shows you, for example, all the shows
on Radio 2.  But I quite like the serendipity that it shows, in the
example above, a number of rather more disparate shows featuring Cerys,
that might tempt me over to Radio 4 for Loose Ends - I'd never have done
that with the iPlayer lists!  I think I use search more than I use any
of the menus, really.

Also don't forget if your choice of preferred programs is short (and
mine is) that subscribing to programs and using My Sounds gives you
instant access to everything you like with the newest shows at the top -
and you get 14 days, not 7.  Go in through the subscription option and
you'll often see months, or even years, of old shows.

While Sounds often frustrates me, it's easy to overlook some of its
really neat features - it's certainly worth poking around a bit more and
finding what it can really do.

bpa wrote:
> You're right the BBCiPlayer used a feed which used to supply a full list
> of all programs broadcast in last 7 days per station. The plugin then
> organised the dump into a weekly schedule or a alpha list but it was
> only last 7 days not ALL episodes.
Indeed, while I used and liked those feeds, the Sounds way of doing
things is just different - sometimes better, sometimes worse.  But in
the end, it's the only option we have, so we need to learn to play with
it and enjoy the benefits.

expectingtofly wrote:
> There are a number of little problems with the meta data display
> (especially if you rewind).  I plan to give this part a bit of an
> overhaul at some point.
To be honest, the meta data and photos do my head in - constant change,
often "nearly" right.  All the BBC's fault, though - just a bit too
chatty...

Server: LMS 8.0.1 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on
512GB USB drive
Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios, and direct from the server using a
Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface