mrw wrote:
> I've been using this firmware, or a variant, for some little time now
> and do not recognize the symptoms you describe. One of my Radios is
> constantly playing BBC AAC streams, either from BBC Sounds or BBC
> iPlayer, at 320k/48k.
>
> Are you able to provide me with a stream that reliably reproduces the
> issue ? Or a set of actions, e.g. fast forwarding, that will trigger it
> ?
>
> I do know that the stream that is being played on the Radio is an AAC
> stream provided by LMS. That is, I think, because the BBC stream URLs
> are all https, so LMS must fetch them. Please correct me/advise LMS
> settings that are needed if I am wrong.
>
> I don't have Tidal, so can't test that.
> [/url]

Interestingly, it happens repeatedly and reliably for me for all BBC
Sounds streams (yes you are right LMS is fetching them, they are dash
streams that are stitched together by the plugin.).  There is a lot of
stuttering at the start of the stream, and intermittent micro stuttering
as the stream is playing, you would have noticed if it was happening for
you.

The LMS that my radios are connecting to is on a very low powered
raspberry pi model 1b,  so I actually wondered if that is the problem.
Ie, there quite a lot going on in the sysread of the plugin that is
providing the aac stream to for the radios buffer, and I wondered if it
was simply not completing the call quickly enough, even though there was
plenty in the radios buffer, which had the effect of briefly blocking
the community firmware processing, if you see what I mean.  Anyway, that
was just my speculation.

I'll install the firmware again and get you some logs.

*BBC Sounds Plugin Wiki* :
https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki